I wanted to propose a dish a little ' particular, not so much for the ingredients itself, as for the method of cooking. The salmon slices in fact will be cooked with a French method called Sous vide (vacuum), which allows not only to respect the ingredient and leave intact all the nutritional properties, as the cooking is done at low temperature, but also of Get any textures you've never tried before. I make the premises to explain this method: it is to seal the ingredients inside of the plastic bags, and then put them to cook in a pot full of water that is kept fixed at a certain temperature. Normally this type of cooking takes hours, so you use a special instrument called "roner" or "precision cooker" to keep the water at a fixed temperature, but in this case the salmon takes only 30 minutes of cooking, so if you want there is no Need to have who knows what equipment, just a kitchen thermometer available for a few euros online or in a kitchen shop: Heat a pot full of water on the fire, as soon as it reaches the desired temperature lower the flame to a minimum and monitoratela with the Thermometer, when the temperature exceeds the threshold just add a little ' cold water, if it cools too much just raise the flame and continue for 30 minutes. If you want you can do without the machine seals, to close the salmon vacuum: enough plastic bags with the zipper, fill with the ingredients and gradually plunge into the water, so that the pressure of the same Let all the air out and eventually close the bag with the zipper.
____ _____ Ingredients for 2 people ____ ___ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _____
After 30 minutes The salmon is ready, cut the envelopes and remove the slices. Place a pan with 2 tablespoons of evo oil on the high heat and heat a lot, until you see the smoke, then put the slices of salmon on the side of the skin and make it toast for 20 seconds maximum, then remove. In this way the skin will be crispy and you can eat, do not continue cooking more than 20 seconds otherwise the salmon will start to cook normally and become harder. In the oil left blow the tomatoes cut in half, until they get color.
- Foods are cooked at low temperature (typically 50-80 degrees) in this way all the proteins and vitamins are not destroyed by cooking, making the foods healthier.
- Normally cooked foods at high temperature lose up to 40% of their weight, with this method the loss is maximum on 5%. means that the same matter before starting you eat more:)
- The texture of the food is something never tried before, they become soft, almost velvety, even with proteins as hard as meat.
- Many argue that this method of cooking will revolutionize the way of cooking in homes, like what was done at the time with the microwave. With this method in fact the food can not overcook, you can leave the bags in water for hours, without the food becoming too cooked. Just in the morning put an envelope to soak and forget it, at dinner you will find dinner warm and ready.
- With this method it is possible to cook many portions in advance even of days. Once cooked in fact, simply remove the bags from the water and store them in the fridge. If you have guests just go out the bags ready and put them in lukewarm water to get them warm, you have a dinner ready in 10 minutes!
Enjoy your meal!!!!!